I make raku objects. My work is inspired on my own environment, the places where I've lived and by the wealth of the Islamic and African architecture.
"The house where you live in, influence the state of your soul and only the strongest houses will stand forever. "
I make my work from flat pieces of clay. Most of my objects are decorated, and after that they'll get a transparent glazing.
- NXX - opleiding, teacher of arts and crafts. Maastricht, 1975 - 1979
- Teacher training, college for arts and crafts. MO - A Zwolle, 1991 - 1994
- Arts Academy, state exam arts and crafts, MO - B. Arnhem, 1994 - 1996
- Since 1996: workshops on raku
- Since 2000 teacher at the centre for art, ‘t Klooster, Harderwijk: courses ceramics
- Since 2002 teacher at the centre for art De Hank, Heerde: courses ceramics
Exhibitions (a selection)
- March 1996, Roermond: gallery Artefact
- October 1997, Deventer: Palace of Art, “Onwijze kunstpaleizen“
- February - April 1999, University of Twente
- October 1999, Deventer: Art in the Keizerstraat
- June 2000, Kockengen: gallery Nabij
- July 2000, Meppel: gallery De secretarie
- October 2000, Amsterdam: Gallery ‘S’
- March 2001, Epe: town hall
- September/October 2001, Holten: gallery Waerdenborg
- September 2001 - juni 2002, travelling duo - exhibition OCBK – Zwolle
- December 2001 – February 2002, Delft: gallery De sigarenfabriek (contemporary ceramics)
- March—April 2002, Delft: Gallery Inkt.
- Oktober 2002, Groningen: Gallery Noord
- Mai – november 2003, Losser: Osseklei / LAGA (group exhibition)
- November 2003, Bodegraven: Evertshuis
- Work bought by private persons and concerns (Philips, architects Nijhof Korfker,
Wierden, Municipal of Deventer)
- Work in stock: Keramevo, Amersfoort, and La Secu, Lille (Fr.)
- Participation in a broadcasting on television of Kunstblik: 1998
- member of NVK (NVK): Dutch ceramists association
Non ricordi la password?clicca qui